Located across the street from the Saline County Prosecuting Attorney at the corner of South and Main Street. Look for the purple door. Get Legal Help Now! 501-794-6991
Howard Law Firm, PLLC
Arkansas Family Law Attorney

Fighting For A Child Custody Agreement That Is Best For The Child

While all divorces can be contentious, child custody is often one of the most-argued parts of the proceedings. Each parent often feels that their sole custody is what is best for the child, and if a custody agreement cannot be reached through negotiation, the decision may ultimately be left to an Arkansas family court judge.

At Howard Law Firm, PLLC, I personally advocate for a child custody plan that promotes the best interests of the child and protects your visitation rights as a parent. Visit my office in Benton today to begin discussing a plan for your child's success.

Child Custody And Visitation FAQs

Divorce and child custody is confusing without a knowledgeable family law attorney to guide you. I strive to be more than your lawyer, but your ally during child custody proceedings. These are some of the most common questions I hear from my clients:

  • How do I change the custody agreement? In order to fight for a change in custody, you need to prove there is a material change in circumstances. If your child's grades have started to fail, the child has bruising or other injuries, the child is missing a lot of school, or the other parent is on drugs or is homeless - these factors can often add up so that the judge has the authority to grant a modification to your current custody order.
  • We have joint custody and I think the other parent's doing drugs, what do I do? If you have a reasonable good faith belief that the other parent is using drugs, we can request that the judge order that parent to take a drug test. Should the test come back positive, the judge could modify that parent's custody or visitation arrangement, including supervised visitation with the child or sometimes no visitation at all, depending on the circumstances.
  • What do I do if my teenager doesn't want to go to their other parent's house? As a parent, your duty is to encourage the relationship between your child and their other parent as much as you can. Eventually, the child will be able to form their own opinion of their other parent, and they will be able to make their own decisions once they become of age.

Have more questions? With a free 30 minute initial consultation, we can address your concerns together and begin exploring solutions that best benefit you and your child. Call 501-794-6991 to get started, or reach out online to schedule an appointment.

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy